Join FIRST LEGO League!
Want to learn more about science, technology, engineering and math?
Want to experience amazing skills hands-on?
Want to have tons of fun?
By June 23, 2014, complete this application and mail it along with $30 registration fee to:
Burlington Area Leadership Center
1308 Broadway Street
West Burlington, IA 52655
What does a team consist of?
A team consists of 10 girls, a coach, and an engineer mentor to help the girls with their project. Each team will receive a robot, a LEGO kit, a 4’x8’ competition table, and a practice location for the team.
What is Lego League?
Lego League introduces younger students to real-world engineering challenges by building LEGO-based robots to complete tasks on a thematic playing surface. FLL teams, guided by their imaginations and adult coaches, discover exciting career possibilities and, through the process, learn to make positive contributions to society.
What will girls do?
- Design and build challenge solutions using LEGO elements
- Apply real-world math and science concept
- Design and build Challenge solutions using LEGOS
- Research challenges facing today’s scientists
- Learn team-building and presentation skills
The mission of FIRST LEGO League is to inspire young people to be science and technology leaders, by engaging them in exciting mentor-based programs that build science, engineering and technology skills, that inspire innovation, and that foster well-rounded life capabilities including self-confidence, communication, and leadership.
- We are a team.
- We do the work to find solutions with guidance from our coaches and mentors.
- We know our coaches and mentors don’t have all of the answers; we learn together.
- We honor the spirit of friendly competition.
- What we discover is more important than what we win.
- We share our experiences with others.
- We display Gracious Professionalism and Cooperation in everything we do.
- We have fun.