Whether you are a first time troop leader or a leader with years of experience, you know the importance of helping girls have the best Girl Scout experience possible. We have created a list of 8 simple ways troop leaders can earn Honor Troop status, with each item aligning to our mission of helping girls develop a strong sense of self, display positive values, seek challenges, form healthy relationships, and, ultimately, make the world a better place.
1. Set & Keep a Regular Meeting Time & Location.
- At least one meeting per month
- Involve parents for support & help - snacks, special skills, etc.
2. Participate in Girl Scout Traditions.
- Learn and say the Promise & Law, sing Girl Scout
part in simple ceremonies, wear a Girl Scout pin or uniform
3. Complete a Service Project.
- Help at a community event, collect items for a shelter,
a nursing home and sing carols
4. Take Part on an Outdoor Activity.
- Go to your community park, take a hike, walk in a parade
- Attend an event at any of our 3 Girl Scout camps
5. Experience a Field Trip or Girl Scout Event.
- Girl Scouts has lots of events to take your troop
- Visit your local fire station, museum, bakery
6. Participate in Girl Scout Product Program(s).
- Cookie Program!
- Fall Product Program - Chocolate, Nuts, and Magazines
7. Help Girls Choose a Few Badges to Work on Over the Course of the Year.
- Choose badges that peak the girls’ interest from a wide
of options found in our National Program Portfolio.
8. Most Importantly, Just Have Fun!
- For any questions you have or support that you need, call
800-798-0833, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
or visit our website, GirlScoutsToday.org.