Older Girl Experiences
As an older Girl Scout, you’ll have the resources you need to tackle challenges with confidence, independence, and critical thinking. We’ll cheer you on as you discover how to advocate for causes you care about, connect with like-minded young women, and work with others make a difference in the world. You might explore career paths, and begin to build networks for your future. Who knows, you might even earn your Gold Award, go on a wilderness trip, be a Counselor-In-Training, or travel to amazing places through Girl Scout Destinations!
When you bridge from an Ambassador to an adult, you’ll be part of our network of impressive alums, be eligible for college scholarships, and ready to take on the world.
Explore Older Girl Opportunities
- Learn about the ways you can take full advantage of Girl Scout opportunities—from travel, and summer camp to earning Highest Awards.
- Attend events and overnights where you can explore the outdoors, STEM, art, and much more!
- Take advantage of our college scholarships.
- We want to hear from you! Connect with us on Facebook and Instagram.
Girl Program Advisory Committee
The Girl Program Advisory Committee provides guidance to GSEIWI in the development of older girl programming and leadership experiences. The committee will represent a critical voice to advise GSEIWI on the future direction of Leadership Experience for older girls in the council. If selected, committee members must have the ability to participate:
- Learn to Lead, October 19-20, 2019 at Camp Liberty
- Monthly online meetings held on the first Tuesday from 7:30-8:30 p.m.
- First Friday night in January team building overnight
Committee members will also be responsible for planning at least one older girl event during the year as a team. Members are expected to be communicative through social media between scheduled meetings. Please consider your personal schedule of availability for this committee prior to applying, this committee is successful with lots of input from members!
*Committee members need to reapply each year for this opportunity
To apply, complete the online application by: October 10, 2019