We’re so excited for you to join the Girl Scout movement!
No matter where or how you volunteer, you’ll make a difference in the lives of girls. Whether you are a first time troop leader or a leader with years of experience, you know the importance of helping girls have the best Girl Scout experience possible. A great Troop Leader:
- Role models lifelong learning and takes part in activities, even if she isn’t great at them
- Provides girls the space to take the lead in their Girl Scout experience
- Makes new friends with other Girl Scout volunteers and mentors the girls in her Troop
- Has just as much fun as the girls
Your role is to connect girls with opportunities to develop their skills and challenge them to think creatively about how they can make the world a better place. Our research shows that girls need to shape their own paths to develop confidence and leadership skills. Because of this, we highly recommend using the Volunteer Toolkit as a guideline on how to accomplish different badges and journeys at Troop meetings.
Each Troop gets to choose how they participate in Girl Scouts! To keep girls engages and active, Girl Scout Troop follow these guidelines:
- Meet 1-2 times per month for 60-90 minutes
- Earn badges and complete journeys (instructions found in the Volunteer Toolkit)
- Get outdoors (from a trip to the park to a camping overnight)
- Sell Girl Scout Cookies and helps girls develop an entrepreneurial spirit
- Attend a Girl Scout event
- Travel somewhere new to the girls (from a field trip to an overnight adventure)
- Give back to your community and earn High Awards
Join our Online Communities!
All of our volunteers are invited to follow us on social media and join Facebook groups to trade tips and tricks and find out about upcoming opportunities.
We're here for you!
Need help along the way? Let us know! We have tools, training resources, and team members to support all Girl Scout volunteers. Just call 800-798-0833 or email email@example.com or visit one of our locations.