Start a Troop
Welcome to Girl Scouts, soon-to-be troop leader, and thank you for your commitment! You are well on your way to transforming the lives of girls by guiding them through the Girl Scout experience, and we couldn’t be more thrilled about it. Our team wants to make the troop formation process as easy as possible, so you can get to exploring, learning, and bonding with your girls in no time!
You will have all the support you need from us, including:
- Convenient, online trainings on a range of topics, available on your schedule.
- Resources to help you quickly and easily prepare for meetings.
- Individual guidance from our council Membership Development and Volunteer Development teams, as well as experienced Girl Scout volunteers in your local community.
Ready to get going? Here's how:
- Register as a Volunteer and recieve your Troop Number
- Complete Your New Leader Training
- Spread the Word and Recruit Girls and Volunteers
- Get Ready for Your First Troop Meeting
- Explore Our Resources and Join Our Community
Congratulations, you are ready to hold your first meeting! Got questions? Our team is here to support you whenever you need it.